About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - Days 22, 23, and 24

BWS tips button
You might have thought I stopped being thankful, but that's not the case.  I've just been in the dark!  We had snow on Monday, which we were all thankful for!  The kids had a great time!  (Gracie was not, however, thankful that gymnastics got cancelled because of the weather.  On Tuesday, when karate was cancelled, Jace was not thankful for that either.)  Monday afternoon and night we got a lot, as in a lot of wind.  That knocked our electric out, along with several thousands of others in the county. 
 
We were out of power for 36 hours!  During that time, the kids and I were thankful for the snow, flash lights, natural gas (fire place and stove), and board games!  We really had a fine time.  But we were all thankful when the lights worked this morning!  Well, the kids cared less about the lights than the television, but they're thankful anyway.  I wanted to go one step further.  I noticed when the lights came on.  I was sleeping, mind you, but in the living room and heard a click that woke me.  I looked up and the cable box was just booting up (or whatever cable boxes do).  It was 5:36 am.  I am rarely awake at this time of day.  But I said a little thank you to those who must have been working through the night to give power back to those of us who'd had it knocked out.  With temps in the teens last night...thank you!
 
Today I'm thankful for my kids.  Not only have they been pretty good over the past few days, but they were really good today too, which we spent at a car dealership, the mall, and the grocery store.  It was a really long day, but we had fun with it and were glad to cuddle up in front of the Dukes tonight!  Now, if only we could get Dada home...

No comments: