So, back to our regularly scheduled post.
Wifey hosts a blog for military spouses. Each Thursday she posts a lists of questions. On Friday she answers them, and so can you! Don't be shy...
1. What is something you wish you'd learned to do earlier in life? Good question. I think gardening is my current answer. The big kicker (and reason anyone who knows my childhood is spitting out their drink right now) is that I had ample opportunity. We lived upstairs and my grandparents lived downstairs. We had acres of land, and several of them were planted with crops and flowers. Grandma could make anything grow. My mother also gardens. I remember her encouraging me to get out there with her...I didn't. I don't know what I was doing, but it wasn't learning to garden. Now I wish I knew more.
2. What is your biggest pet peeve with the military? No regular work hours. I can't plan on Scott being home every night by 7:00. Sometimes he's not even home by 5:00. Other days he's home at 2:00. It's chaotic and makes planning difficult. I can't count on him to be with the kids if I want to make an appointment or take a class. And he can't even tell me on any given day when to expect him that night. Sometimes it leaves me feeling a little off balance.
3. What tourist attraction near you have you never seen? I haven't been up to the gardens in Victoria, BC, or seen anything up there for that matter. With the Olympics being held there last winter there's probably even more to see now!
4. What are you avoiding doing right now? We need to do a little school work (we homeschool). There's not much to do today, though. So if we start late...that's OK. I've actually got 10 minutes until our normal starting time, so I might actually make it!
5. Wine, beer, or liquor? When I'm out at a bar or restaurant, which isn't often, it's likely a mixed drink of some sort. At home...wine coolers or hard lemonades.
There you have it...see you next week! Naturally, you're welcome to stop by anytime, but I'll be back next week for more Friday Fill-Ins!