About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Blackberry Crumble and Cheese Stuffed Meatballs

During our unit on healthy living we foraged for blackberries and then made a crumble...mmmmm!


I didn't take pictures of the crumble, but it was tasty...trust me!

Blackberry Crumble (Thanks to yESiCan, from the Mark's Daily Apple forum)

3 cups blackberries

drizzle of honey

1 1/2 cups almond meal (I only had one cup left, so I used 1/2 cup hazelnut meal)

1 egg

2 Tbsp coconut oil

cinnamon to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the blackberries into a pie pan or small Pyrex dish. Drizzle with honey. Mix together almond meal, egg, coconut oil, and cinnamon. Crumble the mixture over berries. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Serve warm.

And, tonight...we had cheese stuffed meatballs. I could have these every other day! Check out the recipe at Wilderness Childe's fantastic site!

Happy primal eating, everyone!

No comments: