About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Day in the Life

It's a good life...the one I lead. I have my moments when I wonder how things have gotten to this point. This point being whatever frustrates me at the time. Overall, though, it's a good life.

Let's take today, for example. The boys slept in and Gracie and I got a little one-on-one cuddle time before breakfast. That rarely happens. If Tyler sees anyone near me, he has to get nearer.

After breakfast we got ready to go grocery shopping. While Jace was putting his sneakers on, I had the chance to explain the saying "behind the eight ball" to him. You see, I hadn't gotten the load of laundry in that I wanted to nor had I gotten the dishes cleaned off the counter. So, when we got home I was going to have all of that to do and groceries to put away. I think he got it...and I'm sure I'll hear him use it correctly soon enough.

We got to the store and were discussing which cart would be best for us today. (The commissary, military grocery store, has three different versions.) Jace took a drink of his water and told me he thought he was going to throw up, "Blaaaahhhh." Well, at least he warned me. I let a bagger know so it could get cleaned up and we came back home.

In no particular order I did the following things:
  • put in a load of laundry, including Jace's vomit spattered pants
  • got Tyler and Gracie a drink of juice
  • found Tom and Jerry on TV
  • called Scott to ask if he could get a few things for dinner
  • called to reschedule an appointment I had today that I was planning on taking the kids to
  • emptied the bathroom garbage can into the larger, kitchen one so Jace had a puke bucket
  • did a load of dishes by hand
Then I relaxed. I cuddled with my two well children. I played on facebook and chatted with my sister. I read books, watched movies and cartoons, and did more laundry and dishes. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I really like doing dishes by hand. I have a very small dish drain so it took me several loads to get the neglected counter cleaned up. But it's a thoughtless, restful activity that I enjoy from time to time.

By the end of the day Jace was feeling better, sitting up and reading, and I made a trip to the commissary with Gracie to got groceries for the week...the ones Scott hadn't so lovingly brought home without complaint.

I have a wonderful little family and everyone is (relatively) healthy and happy. What more could a mama ask for on any given day in her life?

No comments: