About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Not Me! Monday...Last Days Home

If you're not familiar with MckMama...go check out her blog! She's a bundle of energy fueled by faith and passion and her stories evoke every emotion. She covers a variety of topics so there's something for everyone....including her weekly Not Me! Monday posts.




What is Not Me! Monday? Well, it's a carnival of fun where we have permission to deny anything we're willing to (not) admit to the world! So, join in or get a laugh at everyone else's expense!

As for me...well, the week is off to in interesting start. Yesterday while I was sweeping and mopping I apparently stepped on some shards of glass from several months ago. That was the last time I broke anything. After finding that it's painful to walk with glass in your foot I didn't sit for the vast majority of the afternoon and evening. I didn't stick scotch tape, duct tape, and glue on my foot. I certainly did not put a slice of bacon on my foot. I'm not still wondering how I'm going to remove the last stubborn pieces. And, in light of all this, I'm not considering giving away all my clear glass and purchasing only colored glass from here on out so that it can be seen! Nor am I thinking about boycotting sweeping and mopping...obviously this is a sign that I shouldn't be cleaning, right?

Today I didn't run to Wally World for printer ink only to find that I purchased the wrong ink. I'm not going to go back to WalMart this afternoon to return the incorrect cartridge and get the right one. I live half an hour from WalMart...I wouldn't go there twice in the same day!

I haven't fed my children pancakes three times in the past week. If I had I would have a good reason...like we need to get rid of the syrup and pancake mix.

I'm not feeling overwhelmed by moving. I'm not sad to leave Georgia. I'm not excited to go on an exhausting road trip. I'm not going to be so very thankful to land on Grandma and Grandpa's door step in a few weeks.

In all honesty, this week and next are going to be full of things to deny! No doubt about it. I'm not sure if or when I'll take the time to report back on here, though...so be patient with me. And in the meantime, there are plenty of other denials to enjoy over at MckMama's!

1 comment:

Blessed Mama said...

i vote for no more cleaning... it is obviously the culprit in this accident :)

we are in the process of selling our home & moving too... it is absolutely exhausting and hectic... praying that your move is a blessing for you & your family!