About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Learn Something New Every Day

I think we should always try to learn something new every day, don't you? Well today I learned several things...so if you haven't feel free to borrow one of mine!

1. "People should never eat anything off of knives or swords." Gracie
2. They can tighten the wheels on roller skates so that they turn slower. Good thing too. It's hard work trying to keep a 50-something pound almost 7 year old standing on wheels that turn fast! Jace did great once we slowed him down. (He went roller skating for the first time at a friend's birthday party today. He was the only little boy there, too...he knows how to work it, doesn't he!)
3. Hormonal changes during a woman's menstrual cycle can also effect her bowel movements. That's all I'll say about that...but if you're intrigued go ahead and google it!
4. Tyler's not big enough to sit on the bench and lean back against the table like everyone else...fell and smacked the back of his head. Ouch! That boy is never going to be able to shave his head.
5. As soon as you say "you can't use the water" everyone has to go pee "really bad."
6. "Eating and drinking are alike except with drinking you don't use your teeth and with eating you have to chew. But with both you swallow and then it goes through your body then makes potty." Gracie (Is it just me or does "goes though your body then makes potty" sound like a great bumper sticker or something?)
7. Navy Seals are between 17 and 35 years old. Jace shared this with me. He learned it in a book that he just read about Seals. He thought maybe Dada would want the information in case he wanted to try being a Seal for the next couple of years.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...but there's still six minutes until bedtime. I'm sure they'll teach me something else between now and then!

1 comment:

Shalunya said...

Wow! Smart kids! I love it...from the mouths of babes. I always said that my child raised me to be an adult, instead of the other way around. Yours are doing a great job of raising you! Lucky girl to have such great kids.