About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bath Time

There are many enjoyable things about being a parent. This list is different for each parent, and might even change with the day. For me, though, there is one thing that rarely makes the list. Bath time.

I like that they occasionally get clean. But I don't like cleaning them.


I don't like the period of time where they cry while you pour water over their head. I don't know if all kids go through this or just mine. Jace and Gracie have moved beyond it, but Tyler is solidly there. I want him to simply put his head and and close his eyes. Is that too much to ask?

And I don't like leaning over the tub or kneeling beside it. It's not comfortable. I don't like water getting splashed everywhere.

And a new thing not to like...showers. Gracie has decided she wants to take showers, but she really isn't capable of getting clean. That means I get as wet as she does. It's just not fun for me.
I know some parents who love bath time and look forward to it. I liked it when they were infants and I could put them in the little tub in the living room or in the kitchen sink. Life was easier then. I'm looking forward to the time when they can all bathe themselves and I don't have to be involved. I've got a few years, I know.
There is one nice thing about bath time...cute kids!





2 comments:

Little Bishops said...

I despise bath time almost as much as bedtime. It kills my back and knees and the kids just don't cooperate. Thankfully mine are almost ALL capable of bathing/showering themselves these days but that has always been one of my least favorite parts of parenting. You're not alone!

Shalunya said...

I remember wet and sloppy bathtime that left my back hurting. But at least, the kiddo smelled good. The one thing I did enjoy was carrying him in a towel like a taco and holding the towel by the corners. He was left dangling in the towel like a swing and he loved it!!

Have a great day!!