About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One Handed

I've discovered, since becoming a mother, that there are a few things I used to do with two hands that I've had to figure out with just one. Probably my least favorite task is going to the bathroom. It's really not easy to pull your pants down, or up, with one hand, especially with a child in the other. It's also a bit tricky to make a meal, unload the washing machine, load the dishwasher and push a grocery cart. I vow never to forget my baby wrap again.

A few chores weren't as hard to adapt. Vaccuuming with one hand is surpringly ok. Blowing my nose...doable. Putting socks on isn't as hard as I might have thought. In fact, I've even become quite capable at typing with just five fingers.

This is evidence of that.

No comments: