About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Annoyed

Did you ever put up with someone who was really awkward, perhaps socially inept? I can remember several instances where I've rolled my eyes at inappropriate comments. And I'm tolerant. I give a lot of leeway and a few too many second chances. Yet, even I get annoyed with people and occasionally get a little snappy too.

Maybe someone should have told me that my kids would be like these annoying pests I've put up with over the years. Maybe I could have been better prepared for the fact that, sometimes, hearing "Mama" for the hundredth time would make me feel like driving my car into a guard rail. Would I be more patient if I'd felt prepared for the 'pitter patter of little feet' to turn into the 'thunder of a migrating pack of wildebeasts'?

Probably not. It probably wouldn't have made a difference. After all, I know it now, and I'm still annoyed and want them all to go to bed and wake up two days from now...when I've had a chance to miss them, to remember why I love them, and to enjoy their energy again.

Just in case it does make a difference to be forewarned, though:
Caution: Your Children Will Annoy You!

2 comments:

Mary Teresa said...

Your children annoy me too. Just Kidding! I love them a lot, a lot. =D

Bonified Boudreauxs said...

*sighs* I know...this too, shall pass. Just keep saying this!