About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Total Relaxation


Have you ever noticed the slackness that occurs in a child's face as he or she drifts off to dream land? It's one of my favorite things about motherhood. What's better than witnessing your children let go of all the little stresses they have in their lives? I love watching their cheeks go slack and their mouths open. The calm that comes over them is contagious. I always find myself breathing more evenly, matching their lazy rhythm. I know I could never look as precious and innocent as they do, and that's fine. I would love, however, to feel the way they look more often...free of cares, secure, loved, zen...totally relaxed.

No comments: