About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Finding time...

There's a commercial that advertises a hot tub that you can work out in. There are resistance bands that attach to it, a treadmill on the bottom, and jets for after workout massages. Personally, I love the idea. I love hot tubs. I digress, though...the point of mentioning the commercial is to tell you that it begins with a woman stating something to the effect of, "Exercise is good for us. We all know this, but most of us don't do it. Why?" Now, of course, she's trying to sell me a cool hot tub to exercise in. She hasn't succeeded yet, but she does make me wonder why I don't exercise. Every time I see the commercial I question my sitting, watching tv...should I be up doing jumping jacks or something?

And then there's the knowledge of how even married couples are supposed to date. We're supposed to have dinner together, go see a dramody, or at least play touchy-feely before retiring to our half of the bed.

Oh, and, when I'm not exercising or wooing my hubby I should make healthy meals, sweep, vaccuum, and dust. I should have the laundry clean, folded, and put away. The toilets should sparkle, the sinks gleam, and there should be no fingerprints on windows, mirrors, or walls. The books should stand at attention on the shelves. The toys should rest neatly in their boxes, baskets, and beds. The children shouldn't have grime under their nails, dirt behind their ears, or toe jam.

Now, let's get real...there are clothes in the basket waiting for folding, in the dryer waiting for the basket, and in the hamper...just waiting. But everyone has something to wear in the morning. The counter is full of dirty dishes, the dishwasher full of clean ones. Gracie has dirty feet, but she had a ton of fun in the mud getting them that way! Tyler probably ate his toe jam after he pulled his socks off, so all's good there. I just talked to Scott and he's not going to bother with dinner tonight, with me or anyone else. It's after 9:00 pm and he's at work, but hasn't had a chance to eat yet. I guess that means no snuggling either.

And, working out, being active, burning calories...exercising, well, that doesn't happen so much either. Somehow I find myself at the end of every day without having gone for a run, lifting a weight, or even relaxing in a hot tub. How's a wife, mother, writer, and friend supposed to find the time? Maybe I'll sleep on it and see how many hours are in tomorrow. Yeah, that's what I'll do...I'll find time tomorrow.

No comments: