About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby Baking

I really hope we're done baking babies. I know that might sound not-so-nice, but having three kids wears me pretty thin. I don't even know the last time I slept through an entire night without being woken by someone. Bad dreams, nursing, there's always something. And without a good night's sleep dealing with other things becomes even harder.

My kids used to eat really well. They weren't fussy. They tried things and liked most of what they tried. Now they're picky. Now they complain more nights than not that I'm making foods they don't like. I noticed that they've started complimenting me on the nights we have macaroni and cheese or fish sticks.

"Thank you for making this for us, Mama."

"Mama, this is really good. You should make this more often."

Somehow I think it's working because I just don't have the ability to keep making broccoli, which used to be their favorite, and watching them move it around their plate. It's tiring.

And then there's the laundry and the dishes and grocery shopping and housework. I know, I know. I'm a mom. That's what it's all about. It won't last forever, at least not like this. They'll grow and our roles will all change. I'm glad...I love my kids. I LOVE my kids. But I'm very happy that we're done baking babies. It's time to move past infancy and slowly let toddler-hood pass us by. It's time.

1 comment:

Mary Teresa said...

"Baking Babies" hahahaha. love you!