About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Good, Clean Fun

In a little over a month I'm going to be moving out of this house. The kids and I will be staying someplace else in Georgia for a few weeks and then weaving our way up the coast, eventually landing in New York for a while. After visiting there we'll be convoying cross-country with my husband until we make it to Washington state where we'll be moving into someone else's home and making it our own.

I know most of you think I'm crazy, but I'm excited about this! I think it's going to be a wonderful trip...a great way to see a lot of different people and places.

And tonight I found something new to be excited about. Wilderness Childe posted this week about spring cleaning. Normally this isn't something I'm giddy about, but since it's in conjunction with all the other fun we'll be having over the next few months...I'm ready for it. And now, with Wilderness Childe's suggestions, I really am ready. She's got some great ideas to clean the gunk and grime from all the nooks and crannies of your house with products you probably have or can buy cheaply.

Here's one of my favorites:
"Dislodge gunk from your can opener by mixing 2 tablespoons of baking soda and
1 teaspoon of water. Scrub with an old toothbrush."

Old toothbrushes are so helpful. I also like the motorized toothbrushes. I don't mean the expensive ones, but the under $10 ones that you're supposed to get rid of when they wear out. My kids got some from Santa a couple years ago and when they got replacements 6 months later I kept the motorized ones to save myself some elbow grease. They're great. My favorite place to use them is in the shower. We have a stand alone shower with a glass door. The toothbrush gets into the texture on the bottom of the shower and into the grungy spots where the screw heads are...everywhere and really gets the schtuff out.

So, take our ideas and add your own (feel free to add them in the comments section) and go have some good, clean fun cleaning your home this spring!

No comments: