About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Friday, April 3, 2009

Seriously, Why?

Why can't we all just get along?

You've heard it said a million times. I know I've said it several thousand times myself. In regards to just about everything. Lately, though, I've been expressing this to my kids. They're 5, 3, and 15 months...so the answer is obvious, I know. But, still...why? Just for an hour, even a few minutes.

Okay, to be fair, they do get along for a few minutes every now and then, but the loud arguing stands out in my mind much more brilliantly. I mean, we pick Jace up at the bus stop and before he even has his seat belt on he and Gracie have found something to argue about.

During the day when it's only the younger two you'd think it be easy. Tyler doesn't even talk yet...how much can he really antagonize his sister? It usually starts with Gracie wanting to do something by herself in the middle of the living room. Several times a day I remind her that Tyler can get to anything she has if she has it out here, but if she plays in her room she can shut the door and keep him at bay. And several times a day I hear, "Tyler! No, Tyler!" And I tell her again.

In all honesty, I have been blessed with three pretty well-behaved children. Lately, though, it seems like they're discovering new ways to be just a little pesky to each other and just a lot frustrating to me!

And not only are they...well, little imps sometimes, they're also smarty-pants! When the thought is spoken and I question, "Why can't you just get along?" they're ready with answers.

"Because Tyler won't leave me alone."

"Because Gracie took that from me and I had it first."

"Because Jace isn't sharing."

At least they know why.

No comments: