About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Now.

I don't think I'm alone in wanting things quickly. Sometimes, when it takes a few seconds for a page to load on the computer, I take deep breaths and remember the days of dial up or even before having a computer and try to be thankful for what I have. But most of the time, I just want what I want and I want it now.

Exercise is one of those things for me. I don't like to exercise. I do feel decent after doing it, but I really don't enjoy it while I'm doing it at all. Denise Austin always says, "Smile. You're doing great, " and I want to reach into the TV and give her a wedgie. But I like her workouts. Mostly I like them because they're quick. They're advertised as half an hour, but once you cut out the intro and credits, it's probably closer to 20 minutes. I even keep up my cardio during the commercials. Shouldn't I get a reward for that? Twenty minutes is decent, I think. Considering I was simply sleeping during that time a few weeks ago.

Now, here's the problem, though. Mrs. Austin says I'll see results in six weeks. She doesn't say what results, and I know she can't really, but I'd like to know. And six weeks? That's a long time. I've heard that something needs to be done for 30 days to become habit, and I've only been at this for a few weeks, last week being my first full week. I've got more work ahead of me before I see the results Denise is going to see through my TV. But I want results now!

I know, I'm being rather whiny. But you're just reading this so at least you don't have to listen to me.

This morning when I turned on the TV to start my recorded workout there was an infomercial for a Tony Horton program, 10 Minute Trainer. I really just wanted to turn the power off, reset my alarm and go back to sleep. Instead I kept listening to the infomercial. After a few minutes I got up and decided to forgo Denise Austin this morning but to stretch while learning about this other possibility.

I didn't buy the program, but I'm still very interested. Scott and I are discussing it. It promises great workouts in only ten minutes and, this is the REALLY cool part, results in ten days. In fact, it promises that I will lose a pant size in ten days, or my money back. Can it be true? If it is, that's about as close as I'm gonna get to exercising results now. I'm so tempted. Even I can do something for ten days.

We shall see...

No comments: