About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Friday, May 22, 2009

It all comes back to food...

I enjoy eating. I like trying new things, especially if someone else prepares it for me! I also like re-trying things I didn't used to like. For example, I recently discovered that now, after being pregnant three times, I really like pickles! And, of course, I like old favorites and finding new ways to change up the old from time to time.

A few years ago I discovered grilling. My parents didn't use the grill often, so I knew it only as a way to cook the occasional hamburg or hot dog. I still haven't completely broken through the wall into grilling entire meals, but I do include veggies as part of a burger. I also make kebobs, fish, chicken, and steak on our grill...from time to time.

I think I'm ready to combine my enjoyment of eating and the discovery of grilling in ways that are even more exciting, maybe even with a little BAM! That's right, Emeril has a grilling cookbook out! I like to play with recipes some, but after I've tried the original once or twice...and Emeril's food is so tasty!

So, there's a site (Foodie Giveaway) that's giving away a copy of Emeril at the Grill, A Cookbook for All Seasons. So head over to enter for your chance! http://foodiegiveaway.blogspot.com/ Entries are being taken through May 27th!

No comments: