About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Excitement Builds

Jace is at such a great age. Actually, I think every age has been great in some way. Anyway, he's almost six years old! When I say almost, I mean...two weeks from today! And he's getting so excited! We're going to have a family birthday party for all the kids. Gracie turns four in four and half weeks and Tyler's half-birthday is at the end of June. Jace is just as excited for them as himself I think! Such a sweet boy.

He's also been reminiscing about his year in kindergarten and his upcoming promotion to first grade. He came to me all serious-like and put his head on my shoulder and said he's sad about not being in kindergarten anymore.

"Why?" I asked.

"I really like my teachers." Pause. "But in first grade (lifts his head) I'll get a new teacher (eyes start to sparkle) and make new friends (jumps up and smiles) and if we move and I go to a new school I'll meet all new people!" Sad be gone, Jace is excited again!

This morning he was excited for me because mother's day is in two days. He wants to get me flowers...as I said, he's a sweet boy. He also wants to help me all day long. He told me he would even stay up until my bedtime to change the TV channels for me. What a thoughtful boy! He made something at school for me and can't wait until Sunday for me to see it. I'm excited too.

It's nice to feel excitement. As an adult it's easy to get caught up in the fact that our house isn't selling, the truck is waiting for parts in the driveway, and Tyler's got a fever that kept him (and me) up a good part of the night. I'm glad, though, that I have this incredible little boy to remind me of what really matters...joy!

No comments: