About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Book (January 17, 2011)



FOR TODAY

Outside my window...it's dark and cool.  Night has fallen, but it is taking longer each day for that to happen.  Spring is slowly on her way.

I am thinking...that I should get ready for bed and follow closely behind Jace.

I am thankful for...loving children, good friends.

From the learning rooms...where are those again?  We've fallen out of practice a bit and are working on getting back into the swing of things. Today we did some verbal math drills in the car, does that count?

From the kitchen...our meals are wonderfully primal.  Our snacking is still out of hand, in part because we're not home for some reason.  But we're cooking together still and enjoying that experience.

I am wearing...my husband's Navy sweats, pretty much what I live in at home now.  I do have socks and a bright pink t-shirt on as well!

I am creating...space to play and read with my children without distraction.

I am going...several different directions.  Everything on my plate is important to me, and honestly I don't feel like I've taken on too much, but there is a lot there.  Don't worry, though...there's always room for dessert!

I am reading...The Wisdom of Your Child's Face, by Jean Harner.  It's fascinating.  Turns out that Gracie's full of fire!  No real surprise there, huh?

I am hoping...that the rest of the week isn't stressful with everything that's going on.

I am hearing...a commercial and the hum of the computer.

Around the house...Tyler is sleeping, Gracie is not, although she should be, and Jace is playing until his bedtime.

One of my favorite things...not feeling alone.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Probably the most exciting is that we're going to drive the truck this week, starting tomorrow!  Other than that we have meetings, errands, hopefully some school gets done. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



A piece of artwork created by a friend of mine from high school, John Paul Gelser.


No comments: