About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Learn Something New Every Day

I can't believe I forgot this one little exchange from yesterday morning, but I didn't think of it until I was telling Scott last night when we were all snuggled into bed. I could have included it in yesterday's quotes, but perhaps it was meant to have it's very own post.

Jace, pride filled: "I'm going to be seven on my next birthday."

Gracie, picture her with her tongue sticking out, saying this in a "ha! ha!" kind of voice: "Your brain's gonna stop growing on your next birthday."

Jace, first defensive, then uncertain: "Yeah, but I'll still be able to learn! Right, mama?"

See, Jace read a book about the human brain last summer and this was one fact that the two of them always remember and tease each other with. At first Jace was very concerned, but he always feels a little better after I assure him he'll still have plenty of space in his brain to fill with fascinating facts. I'm not sure he'll really breathe easy, though, until he's seven years and one day and able to fit in a few more facts.

No comments: