About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Diagnosis: Pre-Sick?

I'm tired. I could probably sleep but I'm more interested in rest, quiet. I'm not exhausted, just worn out.

I have a head ache too. Not a migraine or anything close, just a slow, steady pain in my head.

My throat hurts. I can still swallow and talk, I just feel it more when I do.

My eyes are heavy. Every so often my ear aches. I'm slightly chilled.

I'm sick. I'm not sitting in my bathrobe, with a red nose, surrounded by used tissues. I'm not sick enough not to make dinner. But I don't feel well either. Maybe I'm pre-sick. Maybe this is the build up. At the chance that I've caught some nasty illness before it catches me completely, I'm taking it easy.

And I have this to say...I don't want to be so sick I can't function, but at least when I'm that sick I have a reason to stay in bed and cover myself with blankets and watch movies. Right now I look normal but I'm acting lazy.

But lazy is the perfect home treatment for the pre-sick, and I think that's me.

No comments: