About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham

Actually I do like green eggs. I know this because Jace has made green eggs for dinner more than once. They're very easy, just add blue food coloring. And I love ham. In light of this, my post title may seem a bit misleading. Really what I was trying to get at was the negativity that Sam held through out the this book. That's how I'm feeling today.

Usually I'm very positive. There are many things I enjoy, embrace, and simply like. But today I feel like Sam. I want someone to buy the house and I don't think anyone ever will. I want Scott's truck to miraculously fix itself and I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. I want Tyler not to cry when Jace shuts him out of a room. I want Jace to poop in the toilet and wipe sufficiently so that his underwear wrinkled but clean when he throws it in his dirty clothes hamper. I want Gracie to cut the attitude.

And I don't like Play Dough.
It's sad, I know.
A childhood fave...
I used to rave.
But now I just cringe,
And say, "No."

No comments: