About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Draggin You Along...

Part of me wonders if I should continue to blog about the stressful parts of our lives...namely trying to sell the house and move. I worry about all of you reading about our lives and getting ulcers or overeating to cope. I mean I'm tempted, why wouldn't you be? But I've decided not to spare you...you're likely able to take care of yourselves and it does help me to process my life in words.

I'm reminded of grad school right now. Remember "putting it out there to process?" That's what I need to do. Hmmm...maybe I should hire a therapist?

Anyway, back to my stress. One of my blog followers asked if the nibbling (on the house, renting to own, by a couple moving back here in a couple months) would become biting in July when they're able to apply for a mortgage. The quick answer is: no. That couple decided not to bite.

But, there's another couple interested now. So we'll see how this one goes...I'll keep ya posted there!

There's another little something I'd like to process with you all. (I almost wrote "ya'll" but decided to fight the urge. I don't know if "you all" is any better...hmmm) In the last year Scott and I have purchased and traded in cars like it was our job. If it was our job and we got paid for it that would be cool, I guess. But it's not, and we don't.

All this vehicle shuffling has been based on the information we had at the time. Every decision seemed like a good one. I wouldn't say I regret any of the buying or selling (although I really do miss that G8) but I do find myself shaking my head a little, smirking. If only I'd had the gift of foresight. It seems now that our first couple of plans could have worked out just fine. I might have even been able to keep the G8. Bummer.

I don't know what else to say...except I guess we'll continue to make decisions regarding our vehicles, the house, and life in general based on the best information we have at the time. I mean, that's really all we can do. Even though our hindsight is 20/20, as they say, I still do not have the gift of foresight, 20/20 or any other prescription!

1 comment:

Bearden 365 said...

When in doubt, always always put it out there ;o) This post reminds me of the John Lennon lyric "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." You're doing the best you can with the information you have, and for that you should be proud Annie. :o)