About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Darnedest Things

I don't even know if "darnedest" is a real word, not that I don't make up words all the time. If it is a real word, I don't even know if it's spelled right, not that spell check will come anywhere close to catching it. But know what I do know? Not only do kids say the darnedest things, but they also make us say the darnedest things as well.

A few examples:

Jace: That car almost hit the van right where I'm sitting.
Mama: That would have made me very upset.
Gracie: That would have made me very upset too because I like the way Jace dresses every day and looks handsome every day.

Mama to Tyler: Get your hand out of my armpit! Go play with your own armpit.

Jace to his little 1st grade girlfriend: I'm asking Meredith if she'll allow me to get an F350. I hope she says yes.

Gracie, playing by herself: Let's watch these cars race...who'll cross the finish line first? Who do you think will win the race. Please log on to www.whowillwintherace.com and let us know who you think will win the race! (By the way, not a real website as far as I know. If you click it I will not be held responsible for where it might take you.)

Scott's three keys to parenting: 1. Stand up when you cry. 2. Only one child crying at a time. 3. Children are terrorists. We do not negotiate with terrorists.

My favorite exasperated thing to say: Either fight nice or don't fight at all.

1 comment:

Bearden 365 said...

These were all funny...and Gracie's one about logging on actually made me laugh out loud!! That's hysterical!