About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

What Could Have Been...

Every so often I find my mind wandering back to the days of a younger, cooler me and wondering what if...???

What if I'd taken more interest in playing my flute and gone to band camp? At the time I didn't know there was such a place, but in the past few years I've heard it could have been quite the fun summer experience.

What if one of my art teachers hadn't "lost" my favorite piece of artwork right before the Letchworth Central Arts Festival? Maybe I would have stuck with art classes and realized my interest in fashion design. I know a few high school classmates who wouldn't be laughing at my clothes if I were making money selling my styles! Actually, they might still laugh, but I probably wouldn't feel so bad about it.

What if I hadn't wanted to be my older sister quite so badly and gone out for the cheer leading team rather than the swim team? Granted, I didn't have the ideal body for either, but I might have had the passion for cheering! Scott says he wouldn't have married me if I'd been a cheerleader, but I'm not so sure. If he thought I was cute in a suit, he surely would have liked a little skirt, right?

I guess in the end we'll never know how my life would have been different had I followed some other dream, but it is fun to wonder about. Daydreaming has always been a hobby, one I like now and one I liked when I was cooler and younger!

No comments: