About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Communication

So, the kids were looking in the back of the car, where I'd put a bag for Good Will. The bag contained things the children would complain about if, they realized they no longer had them, but that they haven't missed in a month and, therefore, don't need those things. The bag is white and some items are distinguishable through its stretchiness. I was supposed to drop the bag off while they were in school today, but I didn't. So, there it sits in the back of the car. And the kids were looking in the back of the car.

Obviously I said, "Get out of the back of the car."

They got on their knees and looked closer, so I thought. "Get OUT of the back of the CAR!"

Jace actually started to climb, and I still didn't get it. "Jace! Get out of the car!"

"I am. You said to get out of the back." No hint of humor in his voice. I think he honestly thought I was yelling at him to exit the car via the trunk. I was not.

"So, I did. What I meant to say was, 'you don't need to bother yourself with what's in the back of the car. Get out your door and head inside.' K?"

"OK. Hey, is that my car?"

"Nope. Go inside."

No comments: