About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Miss Me?

I don't even know when my last post was...I know, I should keep better track. Honestly, I usually do and try to post something at least every few days. But I've been out of commission for a while. Let me catch you up on the last week, though.

Friday we went to a friend's house. We had a great time and it was nice for the kids to play with friends. It really was a nice change of pace.

Saturday Scott and Jace went to a truck race a few hours away. It was very exciting, I hear. They met up with "a bunch of guys who drive Ford trucks and Dada knew them all!" Jace was very impressed. "They even provided us with some chips to bring home." Yes, he said provided. Anyway, these were guys that Scott regularly talks with online on the truck sites. I'm so glad he got a chance to hang out for a day, with the guys, with Jace, and not being productive! He needs that break every so often...you know, once or twice a year!

While they were gone Gracie, Tyler and I were supposed to have a girl's day. Yes, I know that Tyler's a boy. Really the day was about Gracie and I, but Tyler would be around to provide entertainment! However, I woke up with a sore throat and quickly acquired a fever. The kids gave me a break in the morning and luckily, with lunch, started to feel better. So, while Tyler was napping I painted Gracie's nails, trimmed her hair, and cut and dyed my own hair. The good news is, Gracie had fun! The bad news is that I wasn't really feeling better...just gearing up for feeling a lot worse.

By Sunday night I was blowing my nose, spitting, and not eating or drinking...anything to NOT swallow. My throat felt like it might be swollen to the point of sides touching each other. I saw the doctor Monday morning. I didn't have H1N1, which was the diagnosis everyone was ready to give me. The tests showed strep. Just strep...ug. So, I'm on drugs and feeling better.

It hasn't been all up hill, though. Tuesday morning I had no voice. When I first woke I could whisper. Gracie whispered back at me. Jace loved that I used hand motions while trying to get them ready for school. Tyler just got mad at me. "Mama! MaMa!" I felt so bad that I couldn't respond to him. But eventually my voice can back.

Yesterday I felt so much better. At the end of the day my throat was a little sore from a day of talking, but so much better. I did take one of the meds that was prescribed at dinner time last night. It had codeine in it. I'd taken it the two previous nights and hadn't had any issues. Last night I had some sort of strange trip and felt rather odd for a few hours...Tyler totally had four eyes when he climbed on my lap for something. Not such a great feeling. So, no more of that for me! I'll stick with Motrin and Tylenol, thank you very much!

So, health wise, I think we're back on track. Woo Hoo!

So, keep your eyes peeled...I'll hopefully be posting something more exciting in a day or two. I know...you're on the edge of your seat! I will leave you with something to think about though...did you know that October starts next week? Yeah, I know! Go get ready, and I'll catch ya here again later! Peace out.

...I don't know...maybe I'm still being effected by last night's bad trip???

No comments: