About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thoughtfulness and Thankfulness

I've thought a lot lately about what to blog.  There are a lot of ideas sputtering around in my head, but nothing that seems to be worth expanding on.  Some ideas seem to lead to nothing, no point, no moral of the story, no purpose.  Other's seem to be a little personal for publishing on the World Wide Web.  And some are going to require a bit of energy and actual writing, rather than just typing away!  So, we'll see what comes of all the thoughts floundering in my brain...maybe nothing, maybe something.  Stay tuned to find out! 

In the meantime, here are a few little tid bits for you to consider.  I just finished reading Run For Your Life, by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge.  I've always been a little annoyed when illustrations don't match the words in a book.  This goes way back to childhood.  My mother can attest to many readings of Wacky Wednesday (Dr. Seuss) where we couldn't turn the page until I found every little thing that was out of place on that page.  But, I digress.  The first comment I have regarding the great page turner I just read it the cover makes one think that a woman will, at some point, be running for her life.  I hope I'm not giving too much away in saying that that isn't really the case.  (shrug)  Whatever!  It was still a good book and I'm excited to read the next in the series!

One more thing from the book...there's a poem mentioned that I had never heard of, but googled and read after learning of it.  It's by Anne Bradstreet, and called In Reference to Her ChildrenIt's lovely.  Please enjoy it for a moment today. 

Now, on to thankfulness. 

Mama Loves Papa is a blog my lil' sis sent my way.  She's good like that.  I enjoy the blog greatly.  And I'm excited to be part of something she's got going on throughout November.  So excited, in fact, that I'm getting started a few hours early! 

BWS tips button

Tonight, on the way home from trick or treating I asked everyone to join me in saying what they're thankful for.  Here's our list:

Scott - "I'm thankful that there wasn't a cop there to see me run that light that turned red...definitely Kyrsten green."  (Kyrsten is a friend of ours whose husband, Andy, once told us that yellow lights should be called "Kyrsten green.")

Gracie - "I'm thankful for my Barbie dolls."

Jace - "I'm thankful for the guy who invented Legos."

Tyler- "Llello"
Mama - "Yellow?"
Tyler - "No.  Me play my Lo's."
Mama - "You're thankful for your Lego's too?"
Tyler - "Yup!"

Mama - No one asked me in the van.  I didn't push it.  Instead I thought about all the things I'm thankful for, and there are many.  I decided that for today I'm most thankful for my husband.  Scott is an incredible gift for so many reasons, his ability to let things go and love me despite my flaws are just the tip of the ice berg!  I love him and am thankful he picked me for his wife!


What are you thankful for and thoughtful about today?  Enjoy it all...and share if you'd like. 

No comments: