About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day Book (October 18th)



I found this little exercise to be very relaxing when I did it a week and a half ago.  So, here we go again...

FOR TODAY


Outside my window...it's chilly but sunny. 

I am thinking...about getting a drink soon.  I'm a little thirsty.

I am thankful for...my supportive, realistic, down-to-earth, tell it like it is husband!

From the learning rooms...not much has been learned lately.  Thankfully, as Jace noted earlier, "Wow!  We can learn anywhere, even in the van."

From the kitchen...leftovers.

I am wearing...black sweatpants, black long sleeved tee, and a purple vest.

I am creating...Halloween costumes for Scott and I.

I am going...to remain calm and consistent with my kids this week.

I am reading...God's Little Devotional Book, Unconditional Parenting (Alfie Kohn), Seekers: The Quest Begins (Erin Hunter).

I am hoping...to get answers to burning questions in the near future.

I am hearing...the kids downstairs playing with play-dough and The Next Iron Chef on the television.

Around the house...things aren't perfectly tidy, but they're good.

One of my favorite things...taking the time to chat with friends or family - on line, on the phone, or in person. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Tomorrow we have karate for Jace.  Hopefully on Wednesday we'll get to go to the library.  FRG meeting Thursday night and command Halloween party Friday.  Saturday morning we're caravaning up Mt. St. Helens with a bunch of diesels.  And throughout it all, I need to finish those costumes and the kids have to get some actual schooling done!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


If you're interested in spending a few minutes relaxing with these questions...go ahead!  Start at the simple woman's daybook and you'll find easy enough directions.  Enjoy!

No comments: