About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Friday Fill-In #17

If you follow me via Wifey's Friday fun, you might have noticed I was absent last week.  I have no good reason...well, I might, but I don't remember what it might be!  This week I have plenty of good reasons not to be sitting here typing away...I've been way busy and I'm so behind in everything...but I want to write my post!  So I am.  Simple as that!   ;-)

1.What are some things on your bucket list? (from New Girl on Post)

I haven't actually written a list...maybe I'll start that some day.  But two things I know I want to do are:  I want to see several of a grand places the US has to offer (Grand Canyon, Alaska, Route 66) and I want to take some trips with different groupings of people (my sisters, with each of my kids separately, just Scott).


2.How long have you been a MilSpouse and where have you been stationed so far? (from Raising Roscoe)

We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary in June.  He had 3 1/2 years in before we got married, but during that time I was his friend, then his girlfriend (again!), then his fiance.  He just hit 14 years (wow!) this month.

3.What is a list of songs that sums up your life so far? (from Confessions of a Sailor’s Wife)

Hmmm...
Daddy Sang Bass (Johnny Cash) reminds me of childhood
Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers), for a few reasons this song brings me back to middle school
Amazed (Lonestar) still fits as "our song,"  it was our first dance as husband and wife and he still amazes me on a regular and wonderful basis.
Roll With Me (Montgomery Gentry), this song leaves me feeling calm and relaxed...the way I see our marriage most of the time, and our future together.

4.What is your favorite kind of pizza?

I love Hawaiian pizza but am also a fan of sausage, mushroom, and onion...and either is made better with some blue cheese for dipping!
5.What are three good things in your life right now?
 
- The time I am able to spend with my kids.
- The support my husband gives me.
- My still growing faith.
 
So, now you know a little more about me...head on over to Wife of a Sailor and check out what everyone else has to say!  And go ahead and add your own responses to the mix.  Talk about a good time...this is a ton more fun that any housework ever dreamt of being!

1 comment:

L. said...

I love that Johnny Cash song-great choice!