About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Fill-In #19


1.  What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you? 

This is a great question.  I've done some thinking and I'm not really certain.  I'm sure there's something, but what comes to mind is when after Tyler was born and I was just plain beat.  Every time I ran to the store with all three kids, half asleep, wanting to get in and out and back home again I felt like I'd lose my mind before accomplishing any of what needed to be done.  I remember a few different instances where a simple kind smile (rather than annoyed look) helped me feel less alone.  And once a woman told me my kids were lovely, when I thought they were being ridiculous, and that I should enjoy the time with them as much as I could because they really do grow quickly.
2.  If you are having a hard time going to sleep, what do you do to help yourself?

I first try to calm myself and relax each part of my, starting with my toes and moving up.  If that doesn't work then I try to organize my thoughts in my head, sending off little prayers in the process usually.  If that doesn't work then I usually get up and write to do lists for the next day.  If all else fails and I'm not getting sleep then I usually play facebook games, read, or do something else that's mindless.

3.  Name something that makes you wish you were a kid again.

seemingly endless energy

4.  What is something you never believed until you experienced it?

Two things come to mind immediately.  Neither is something I really "didn't believe" but rather things that blew my mind anyway, with how true they are. 
1 - Time with your children goes much too quickly.  I remember when I called Grandma Kral to let her know I'd had Jace (our first baby) she said she could still remember when Uncle Jerry (their first) was born...some 50 years earlier!  Jace is seven now and I can still easily remember so much about his infancy, along with many other tidbits of the last few, very quick, years.
2 - Love grows.  When Scott and I got married I was so in love.  He's an incredible catch in so many ways, and I'm thrilled he picked me as his wife.  I had no idea how much stronger that love would become year after year.  With the addition of each child, life's curve balls, and countless little moments...our marriage, and the love that connects us, is bigger, stronger...more.  It's incredible.  And it makes me excited to see where we're at in another ten years!

5.  What can’t you say “no” to?

Lately I've been trying to say "no" less often to the kids.  Somehow I'm hoping that results in more cooperation!  Other than that, it all depends on the day...sometimes my will power is stronger than other times!  I love, love, LOVE Kataluma Chai and give in to that a few times a month.  Ice cream would be another temptress.  And, apparently, the Halloween candy on top of the fridge is too hard to resist!

So, there you have it for this week.  Head over to Wife of a Sailor and read what other milspouses have to say...or add your own answers!

No comments: