About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day Book (October 7th)


Outside my window...The wind is picking up after a beautiful fall morning in the 60's.  The clouds are coming in and we'll likely get some rain in a while. 



I am thinking...about homeschooling, marriage, parenting...the things that are on my mind every day.


I am thankful for...the quiet reassurance of my faith, good friends, and kids playing nicely together right now.


From the learning rooms...we're about to do some math and then make a messy squirrel feast to hang outside later.


From the kitchen...the dishes await.


I am wearing...a teal turtle neck and jeans.  My feet are bare and my hair is braided.  And I actually have jewelry on today, a necklace Gracie made me and simple pearl studs.


I am creating...a warm and calm place for my family and friends, and ample opportunities to listen to every one's stories.


I am going...slowly today.


I am reading...God's Little Devotional Book, Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religions, and any number of blogs on homeschooling.


I am hoping...to continue the day in the same vein it's been in, quiet instruction by me...children ready to listen, no arguing and plenty of fun.


I am hearing...my wooden wind chimes outside, Jace and Gracie playing in the bedroom, traffic on the highway.


Around the house...there are many little things to be done. 


One of my favorite things...is being connected.


A few plans for the rest of the week:  Tomorrow we're headed to the library and to do a little shopping to finish a package for Uncle Nick (my brother-in-law).  Then we have friends coming tomorrow night and Saturday my cousin and his wife will be visiting for lunch. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Living a simple life is something that could be incredibly enriching.  I enjoyed this exercise.  If you'd like to, you can take part in it as well:   Check out the simple woman's daybook and see what other women have to say this fall. 

No comments: