About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Quick Wit

I do not have quick wit.  I have been known to remind Scott of something he said days after he said it, and forgot about it, just so I can tell him what I should have said.  He usually gives me a little sympathy chuckle and we go on with our lives.  He, on the other hand, is pretty good with a come back.  And that must be where Jace gets it. 

Jace is excellent.  His brand of humor is one that I find fascinating and sometimes frustrating.  Usually I realize his jokes rather slowly (yes, he's seven) but then I realize how funny what he said was!  He has pretty good delivery too.  He knows it takes a minute so he pauses to let what he said set in.  (Maybe it's not emphasis - maybe he just knows I'm slow.  Hmmm




Today I got zapped by a zinger that Jace tossed my way.  I got it right away too!  Are you ready for it?

It's been a long day (week, month, I'm even willing to go so far as to say year) and Jace and I have been butting heads for most of it (at least today).  So this afternoon when I was getting out of the van and holding the door so it wouldn't hit the vehicle next to us, I slammed my knee into the door.  (I know, I'm smooth and dim witted...the complete package.

It's still hurting, especially when I try to bend it. So, doing something a little bit ago I moved it unexpectedly and a little farther than I have since hurting it and immediately bit my lip to keep from completely swearing like a sailor.  (kind of worked...sort of

What came out was, "Son of a - man, that hurts like a mother!"

My quick thinking son said, "What?  Does it hurt like a mother is mean?"

Zap.

No comments: