About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Birthdays

Today's my 31st birthday. That's right...I said it! I enjoy birthdays, not as big, loud reasons to party, but as sentimental milestones...not that I don't like a happenin' celebration from time to time, though. So, for the last few days I've been thinking about life goals, past successes and lessons learned, my faith, my relationships, everything.

I like thinking. I like dreaming and planning. It's a wonderful birthday present. Then there's reality.

Earlier I was out painting flowers on Gracie's bed and wondering where I'd take my creative abilities if I had all the opportunities I could ask for. Would I buy a bunch of fabric and a dress form and start making my own clothes? Would I paint ceramic serving dishes and sell them at flea markets? Maybe I'd dabble in a few genres of creativity...writing, sketching, baking. With all the wonderful ponderings swirling through my thoughts Scott comes in and says he thinks we need a new sewage pump. Plop! Back to what's real and needs to be dealt with...life, in all its glory!

Happy birthday to me!

No comments: