About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Stop It!"

We're less than three weeks from a lengthy road trip. When I say "we" I mean me and our three lovely and delightful children. When I say "lovely and delightful children" I mean most of the time.

Anyway, this road trip is going to include a total of about 25 hours on the road, broken into legs ranging from four hours to almost 10 hours, further broken up with rest stops and eating out, maybe the occasional sanity stop too!

So the other day I'm in the car with my monkeys sitting in their seats, which are next to each other. Yes they can touch each other. I don't know if it's a great idea...but it's how things are. So, they're sitting there riding, singing along with the radio or playing with toys, I'm not really sure what they do back there...except when I hear it.

Jace started out with a sharp whisper, "Stop it!" Then again, more pointed, "I said stop it! Gracie! I told you to stop."

Gracie gleefully responds, "What? I'm just staring at you?!"

Oh, yes, it is going to be a fun trip! Fun, fun, fun.

No comments: