About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Facts About Me

Every so often I feel the need to let you know more than you want to know about me.  Today's one of those days.  I know you're excited...


1.  I put the toilet paper over because one of my mothers-in-law does and told either told me once that was how it was done or possibly trained my mother in that way when my mom worked for her as a cleaner at the school.  Either way, that's how it's done at our house. 

2.  I don't squeeze the toothpaste from the middle or roll up the end.  I squeeze for a while, then push it toward the tip, and fold the end up.

3.  I wear jeans somewhere between a size 14 and 20 depending on where I try them on.  What's up with that?

4.  I really do try to take to learn something from everyone I know (either something to incorporate into my personality or something I know I don't want to imitate).  Thanks Mr G for that advice.

5.  I also do really try to appreciate each stage and phase my children go through.  Even if I don't enjoy it, I try to understand it's place in their growth and maturity.  And, honestly, every age we've been to this point has had things I like and don't like about it. 

6.  Spring is my favorite season.

7.  I treat my kids differently.  They're different.  I'm different.  I try to treat them all fairly, but fair does not mean exactly equal.  That's impractical. 

8.  I used to consider myself a bit impractical, and some might say I'm still a dreamer, but I think I've grown a lot in my rational thinking over the years.  I'm still on optimist, but I try to be a realistic one.

9.  I love green.  It's always been one of my favorite colors and there's nothing like spring in Washington to see why!

10.  I still love my blog and still have tons of ideas for posts, but there are also more things going on in my life now.  So, check in every so often, but don't be disappointed if I go a few days at a time without writing anything.  I'll try to write at least once a week! 

No comments: