About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Visit At Your Own Risk

I love having people come see us.  We do live several thousand miles from our family and it's a joy when they spend hours on a plane just to visit us.  However, lately whenever someone is here I've gotten quite busy! 

Days before my little sister and her son flew in from Germany (via California and a side vacation to Hawaii - nice, huh?) our FRG (Family Readiness Group) President stepped down.  I had already decided to put my name in for an official volunteer position with the command, in fact I may have already done it even.  The last month or so is a blur - so I'm not really sure! 

So, while I was "visiting" with them I was attending meetings to turnover the FRG position so I could step up from the Vice President role.  It's been a busy month with all that being the standing FRG President has meant.  And, on Wednesday, I found out that I'd been chosen as one of two new Ombudsmen for our crew - that's the official volunteer position I mentioned.

On Tuesday night Scott's parents flew in to visit and they're here for all the meetings I'm attending and all the time I'm putting into kicking off my appointment as Ombudsman well.

So, come visit at your own risk!  We'd love to see you, but by "we" I might mean the kids and Scott, if he's around.  If not, could you babysit? 

1 comment:

Domestic Diva said...

Oh Annie, you are hilarious! "By we I mean the kids and Scott, if he's around. If not, could you babysit?" LOVE IT! I'm still laughing!