About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Joining In!

Today I'm all about joining in!  First Small Style and now The Ultimate Blog Party!  Woo hoo!

Ultimate Blog Party 2011




I know, I know...I'm beyond even being fashionably late.  It's almost the last day of this fabulous blog hop.  I have a lot of excuses, but you don't want to hear them all.  I'm sure you'd much rather hear about my blog and what I post about when I actually do post!

Here I am with my wonderful husband.  We've been married for almost eleven years and have three children.  We were high school sweethearts.  He is in the Navy - after ten years as an enlisted sailor he got picked up for a program that allowed him to become an officer.  With that step, we've moved twice in the last few years. 

Originally from Western New York, we've now also lived in Washington state, Southern Georgia, and are back in Washington for now.  Who knows where the Navy will send us next...time will tell.

I have a Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and am now a stay at home homeschooling mom.  This is our first year homeschooling, but I love it!  The kids mostly like it.  So, we'll stick with it for now until something else changes our current path.

That's the nutshell version, ladies and gents!  And this blog covers it all!  You'll find tabs at the top for homeschooling, our Navy life, and living healthy.  The first two are self explanatory.  The healthy living tab will explain more about the way we try to eat, exercise, and enjoy life healthfully! 

 

I'm sorry I'm so late in my blog party entry and that it's not all that exciting!  However, I do hope you stick around and enjoy some of the posts I've put more energy into.  I enjoy sharing about our lives, the good and the frustrating.  I hope to inspire some, leave others not feeling so alone, and keep in touch with friends and family here.  I welcome comments, thoughts, ideas, suggestions. 

Thanks for coming by!  I promise to visit your blogs over the next few weeks if you leave me a comment.  And I can't wait to do it!  See you soon!

5 comments:

Marina@EBMR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marina@EBMR said...

Welcome to the party Annie!!

I'm hopping over from UBP11 to say hi and to tell you that it's never to late to join the fun.

I've always wanted to homeschool and respect and admire Mommies who do.


Do hop over and say hi when you have the time

http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/2011/04/big-welcome-to-all-my-ubp-11-visitors.html

Blessings,

Marina :)

Bethany said...

Visiting from the UBP11-glad you joined in! I've always loved this Judd's song.

Eileen Rhoadarmer said...

Stopping by for the UBP! In my last bit of hopping around for the party, I decided to stop randomly browsing the listings and do a search for the words "write" and "writing," which led me here. I, too, am a writer, and I made my first two short-story sales in the last year. I wanted to look for other writers because I thought I'd have more in common with them and because I LOVE connecting with other writers. Especially writers who are parents. By blog is approximately half and half between blogging about family/life and writing related stuff.

My son is 2.5, and I have baby #2 due in June. I don't homeschool (exactly) but I love doing crafts with my son. Your kids look adorable, and I'm sure they'll come around to the homeschooling more the longer you do it.

I hope you'll come stop by Science Fiction Mommy sometime!

http://sciencefictionmommy.blogspot.com/

Enjoy the rest of the party!

--Eileen

Posh said...

Hi Annie!
I'm stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party to say hello.
Have a great day!
POSH
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/04/welcome-friends.html