About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Style - What's Mine?

Some of you knew me back in the day.  What day?  The day when I had a style of my own.  I wore long floral dresses and shirts made from dresses bought second hand or given to me by my grandmother.  And I had this one dress that I loved that was crushed velvet and looked like a colorful oil spill!  Awesome!  And that wasn't my only piece of crushed velvet.  I liked bright colors, older styles, and textured fabrics.  That was then.

Now?  Well, now I'm wearing over sized men's sweats with "Navy" written down the leg and a grey sweater. 

Over the last dozen years I've gone through a lot of size changes (been down to a 10 and up to an 18) and job changes.  You can probably imagine that what I wore as an undergrad was slightly different than my wardrobe as a therapist.  And, for more than the last five years I've been a stay at home mom.  I've tried to keep a little sass in my wardrobe, but sometimes, like when I actually have someplace fun to go, I realize that I'm missing it. 

Earlier this week Mama Loves Papa posted a response to a reader question about her celebrity style icon, if she had one.  She posed the same question to me.  I was stumped.  Who do you think?

I like flowy items and structure.  I love open necks, especially boat necks.  Cowl necks are fun too!  I love maxi dresses and flat front, straight leg pants.  I'm a fan of rich colors like teal, purple, orange and blue - and yes, I combine them.  Brown is my favorite neutral.  Does that help at all?  Can you name me a celebrity mentor to study up on style? 


The last complete outfit I bought for myself.

Well, if you still need a little help...I'm going shopping this weekend.  I have a class this coming week that requires me to dress professionally.  My sweats aren't going to cut it!  I do have a few items that will work, but I can't wear them for four days straight.  So, when I have four professional outfits put together I'll take pictures and post them.   I know....exciting!  Right?

But, in the meantime...throw some names my way of actresses and singers who wear relaxed clothing with a touch of sex appeal and a whole lot of comfort!

No comments: