About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Fill-In #14


Here are this week's questions:

1.What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad)

Good question.  I think one thing that goes both ways is my confidence.  For us, when Scott is a phone call away it's easy for me to want to discuss decisions with him.  So, when he's away at schools and things like that I have a hard time stepping up to the plate and taking care of things.  When he's out to sea, however, I can't talk to him and figure things out...there's no one but me to answer my questions.  I do better in these situations! 

2.What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from ‘Tis the Life of the Army Wife)

We went on a family vacation to Disney World last year and had such a great time!  That's high on my list, but also the only place we've been on a real family vacation! 

3.If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)

Hm...we don't eat a lot of fast food.  We eat a primal diet (gluten free, sugar free).  What would be really awesome is a family friendly primal food joint with an indoor play area...for all ages! 

4.Where did you go on your honeymoon? (from Pennies from Heaven)

We drove from New York to Washington in a U-Haul!  This year we did the same trek for our 10 year anniversary...except with a truck, trailer, van, and three kids!

5.If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)

Right now I love homeschooling!  I do think, though, that I'd also enjoy advising at a college.  I was an advisor for about a year before Gracie was born and enjoyed it.  Plus-I'd love the discount on classes I'm interested in and I think I'd enjoy the fresh atmosphere that exists on college campuses!  Someday...

So, that's what I have to say...what about everyone else?  Go check it out!

No comments: