About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reality Vs. Fantasy

The sky's the limit...right?  We can be whatever we want to be.  Isn't this the message we give our kids?  One of my dreams is to be a published writer.  It's one of the reasons I started this blog.  A couple years ago I took a course to finesse my style and learn how to submit my work.  I got great feedback and improved a lot.  Most importantly, I really enjoyed it!  And, although I haven't been published yet, it's still a dream of mine.  A maybe someday sort of thing.

Right now, though, there's reality.  Sure I could be working an article right now rather than posting on here.  but the reality is that I'm tired.  I've got a lot on my plate and all of it is important to me.  And more important than that "being a writer" dream. 

One of the great things about my busy reality, though, is that I get the opportunity to write in my life.  And I'm getting compliments about it.  I haven't thought a ton about submitting works in a several months.  But with the positive feedback that I'm getting, and completely unsolicited may I add, I'm thinking about my dream again.  And it feels great to dream!

So, a goal of mine for this summer is to figure out a way to write more for my publishing fantasy.  I'm not going to go so far as to make a goal of actually submitting or anything crazy like that!  But I do want to get reorganized and focused and maybe put an hour a week or something into developing ideas and writing drafts.  I've got a ton of ideas, so it'll be wonderful to spit them out on paper. 

I'll try to keep you posted, but please check in with me and see how I'm doing with bringing my dreams to life.  I'd love to hear how you're living a dream or working toward one too.  Do share...

1 comment:

Domestic Diva said...

What a wonderful dream Annie, you have a strong voice, it is a comfort to me to hear it as I'm sure it will be for others. There are no limits when you dream, don't be afraid to reach out further than you thought you could. In the meantime, I love your blog...and I STILL think you should start compiling all those HILARIOUS things your kids say and put it into a book, people would love it, I told Josh about when you asked Jace if he could do a favor for you, and he said "Yes, do I need a gun?" Ohhhhh, how I laughed, ohhhh how he laughed! I can't wait to see what wonderful pages come from you!