About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Boogers

It's that season...colds are rampant. Before the holidays the kids all went through some variation of the sniffles or congestion or runny/crusty eyes. That wasn't so fun. Now no one really has a cold, but there seem to be boogers in everyone's noses.

Jace is starting to catch his finger wandering to his nose and go for a tissue instead. That'll make a mommy proud.

Gracie isn't quite there yet. The other day at the store she was chewing on something and I told her not to pick food up off the floor. (Yes, that was my first thought...we're still working on that as well as nose-picking.) She explained that it wasn't off the floor, it was a booger. Is that better or worse?

And Tyler. I don't know why, but he likes to chew on the booger-sucker. I think it's actually called something else, but at our house that little bulb thing you get from the hospital when you have a baby is called by it's function: booger-sucker. He, like most babies, I think, is not a fan of having his boogers sucked and I usually have to hold him down with one of my arms over his chest and my elbow on the side of his head. That sounds so much worse than I hope it really is.

Boogers, snot, nose mucous...whatever you call it...colds are in the air. And allergy season will be starting soon here in Georgia. I have to go blow my nose.

4 comments:

Mary Teresa said...

hahaha. I think that Gracie is my hero for telling you that it was a booger. Good for the honest child.

Mike said...

ha - ethan loves chewing on the booger sucker, too! we gave up using it for an actual booger sucker long ago... i once said to him that i wished he could pick his nose because my fingers were too big to get the boogers i could see hanging out in there. and now he does. oops.

Annie said...

Mike, that's funny! What are you going to wish for next?

Mike said...

Oops - sorry, it was actually Susie that wrote that comment. Apparently I was (and probably still am) logged into my husband's account!