About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Contentment

I don't know if it true or not, and I'm not going to take the time to research it, but I feel like I write a lot on here about the struggles of my life.  I tell you how I cope with stress, children, clutter, frustration.  Sometimes, though, it's wonderful to just be content. 

Tonight, I'm content. 

Sometimes people worry that contentment won't last.  I could focus on that, but why?

Sometimes people dig deeper to find the annoyances they've overlooked.  I can think of a few things right now, without even trying, but why chase the contentment away?

Thankfully, I'm not some people.  I like being happy.  I like breathing deeply and enjoying the positives.  And it feels great to be taking some time to do that tonight. 

There's no secret, except the ability to leave all the rest for a time.  Tonight I worked on Ombudsman admin for a few hours and then turned to an article I'm working on.  I'm happy with it and proud of it.  And I realized, as I sent it to a friend to read, that I'm simply content. 

So lovely. 

I hope you find a moment of peaceful bliss in your life soon! 

1 comment:

Domestic Diva said...

I like this post. It's nice to read about the simplicity of choosing to feel content.