About Me

My photo
Like all of you, I'm a number of things to a number of people...Navy wife, homeschooling mama, educated woman and aspiring writer. Read my thoughts on all of it here. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on all of it too!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feeling Accomplished

Isn't it wonderful to feel like you've accomplished something? It is for me, at least. I like to write lists, sometimes even small ones, so that I can cross things off and feel like I've made major strides in my day.

You may have noticed that I haven't posted in a while...well, I've been accomplishing things. What, you ask. To begin with, we have renters! I know, totally exciting :-) We haven't signed the contract yet, but I'm confident we will this weekend. Getting together during the week is tricky, for both their family and ours. But they've paid the down payment and we've pulled the sign out of the yard. I think once people give you money that's a pretty good show of intent. So, we're moving ahead with plans to move to Washington this summer. The outline is in the works....and I'll let everyone know of our travel plans as they firm up. But I've been working on the lease agreement and making calls to this and that to be sure the house is ready for tenants and we're ready to move. Yay!

What else have I been up to? Yesterday I finished my deodorant. This may not sound like much, especially compared to the last thing checked off the list, but I feel good about it. It's not like you use up an entire bottle of lotion or dispenser of deodorant all that often. Whenever I do either I really feel like I've done something to be slightly awed by. Now, changing the toilet paper roll...not nearly as exciting. In a house with kids that happens much more frequently and doesn't feel so momentous. Plus, with the deodorant I got to go into the linen closet and pick a new scent. I went with spring breeze. Nice, huh?

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to check off my list...but it has gotten longer. We're trying to determine the best avenue for educating our kids in Washington. It seems like quite the undertaking and I'll probably be working on this one for a few weeks at least. Luckily school doesn't start there until September so there's no rush. There's also finding a place to live there. Again, though, we won't even cross the state border until the last week of June...so there's time. More pressing matters, like getting the kids to school this AM and going to Navy Legal to get a Power of Attorney for any matters that may come up while Scott's in Connecticut, are being taken care of today. In fact, I'm gonna go get to it...

1 comment:

Mary Teresa said...

OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!!!! YAYAYAYAY. Happy Dance from the German representative of the family. Go get'em girl. =)